|Postcode || Wales |
Aberdare - CF44
|Company name: || Sigma Recruitment |
|Category: || Operations |
|Contract: || Permanent |
|Full/Part time: || Full time |
|Salary: || £ 1 - Negotiable |
|Posted by: ||Sigma-recruitment-ziprecruiter |
|Member since: ||01/04/2018 |
|Visitors: ||000 |
Opportunity to work for a well-established manufacturing site who are part of a large global group of companies. The warehouse team leader will report to the manufacturing and supply chain manager on site and will be responsible for coordinating supply chain related tasks while supervising the warehouse and customer service functions.
The role will see the warehouse supervisor being involved in lean and continuous improvement activities and ensuring that all business processes are implemented and adhered to within the departments they are responsible for.
As the warehouse team leader, your duties will include:
• Ensure safety policies are being adhered to and that safe working practice is followed with respect to all areas of the site including updating of SOPs when required
• Record all deliveries to site, cross check with relevant paperwork (delivery notes, shipment notes, collection notes, etc.) and that all documentation is processed in line with department procedures
• Coordinating the completion of lean and CI related audits (5S, etc.) and ensure all processes are being maintained to the required levels
• The supply chain team leader will carry out daily safety tasks such as equipment inspections
• Ensuring that all internal stock movements are actioned in line with production requirements
• Overseeing customer order process to ensure metrics/KPIs are being met
• Acting as the link between customer service, dispatch and production with a view to ensuring customer satisfaction
To be a successful warehouse team leader you will have the following skills and experience:
• Previous experience within a manufacturing environment having worked within a logistics/supply chain/warehouse/customer service based role
• Must have familiarity with dealing with a range of paperwork.documentation ensuring it is processed with accuracy and within required timescales
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools and techniques is desirable
• Must be comfortable speaking with and communicating with customers and suppliers over telephone and/or email
• Previous supervisory or team leading experience is desirable
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• MRP/ERP experience is desirable
In return, the warehouse team leader will receive a salary of £22,000 - £25,000 + pension, etc.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please click on the apply button.