|Postcode || Scotland |
Glasgow - G69
|Company name: || Lookers |
|Category: || Engineering |
|Contract: || Permanent |
|Full/Part time: || Full time |
|Salary: || £ 1 - Negotiable |
|Posted by: ||Lookers-cv_library |
|Member since: ||17/04/2018 |
|Visitors: ||000 |
IT Field Technician,
IT Service Delivery
Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK’s Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced IT Field Technician who’s role would be responsible for support and maintenance of the fast moving and ever changing technical environment across a number of locations across Scotland, throughout the Lookers estate.
The candidate would provide a mix of on-site, remote and telephone based support. Also, may be required to visit any site within the Lookers plc group. You will be the primary technical contact for your region and will be expected to travel accordingly as circumstances dictate.
You would be required to manage your own regular schedule of site visits to provide a responsive, high quality service and to maintain the department’s profile.
Internal and manufacturer specific projects will arise and you will be expected to participate and take responsibility, liaising with manufacturers and managing the integration and support of their systems with our own.
Skills & Experience
The successful applicant should be flexible and adaptable, can work on their own, to be a self-starter and to manage their own time efficiently. The candidate would respond to user issues logged with the service desk that specifically require assistance onsite. These tasks include, but are not limited to;
- Installing & supporting end users’ systems (Microsoft O/S and Office experience essential).
- Good working knowledge of software and hardware fault finding and repair.
ü Supporting PC’s, laptops, printers, IP phones, mobile phones and tablets, PDQ card payment machines, scanners & fax machines and a wide scope of automotive manufacturer systems.
ü Knowledge and experience with Windows 7/10 essential
ü Good working knowledge and experience in networking, installation, fault finding and repair.
ü Working knowledge of Active Directory
ü IP v4 networking, DHCP & DNS
ü Working knowledge of Enterprise level Wi-Fi technology & troubleshooting
- Assist in major ongoing I.T. projects, such as;
ü Windows operating system upgrades
ü MS Office 365 rollout & migration
ü PC/laptop replacement program
ü Active Directory / email migration
ü Next Gen Wi-Fi upgrade
ü Wi-Fi migration
It’s essential that the field technicians are great with people, listen, empathize and own users’ issues through to resolution. Field technicians represent the I.T. department whilst visiting the various locations in the group and hence must present themselves and the department with the suitable manner, dress and appearance.
· Must have at least 2-5 years’ experience of working it I.T. support role.
· 2 years previous working experience in a field technician/engineer role. (preferable).
· A sound foundation of computer knowledge, excellent troubleshooting skills, patience, excellent communication & organizational skills
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people with varying degrees of IT knowledge.
· ITIL qualification (preferred)
· Industry specific professional qualifications, i.e. Microsoft, Cisco (preferable)
· Degree relevant to I.T. industry (preferable)
· There will be occasions where the role will demand extended working hours, work into the evening and weekend support, sometimes at short notice.
· The role will require a lot of traveling.
· The role will occasionally require periods where overnight accommodation is required outside of your normal place of work, to support project and BAU activities.
· Lifting of small units of equipment will be required.
· Must hold a full clean driving license